Useful Information

NHS Dorset


Dorset Clinical Commissioning Group,
Vespasian House,
Barrack Road,

Telephone: 01305 368900


Dorset Clinical Commissioning Group,
Canford House,
Discovery Court Business Centre,
551-553 Wallisdown Road,
BH12 5AG

Telephone: 01202 541400

Healthwatch Dorset

Healthwatch is the independent consumer champion for health and social care, created to gather and represent the views of the public. Healthwatch is playing a role at both national and local level and is making sure that the views of the public and the people who use their services, are taken into account. They are looking for Healthwatch Champions – more information contact Chris Wakefield Tel:0300 111 0102 or email or Website:

Democratic “half-hour”

A nominal 30 minutes is set aside at the star of each Parish Council meeting, for members of the public to raise any issues about which they have concerns, ask questions of the Council or make comments. When the Chair considers that those matters have been adequately dealt with, the meeting moves into its formal element. From that point on, members of the public are welcome to remain and listen to proceedings, but they may not speak on any issue. However, if the Chair considers that a person in the audience would be able to provide the Council with any information or answers to questions which would aid the Council in their deliberations, that person may be invited to speak briefly on the matter.


Contacting the Police and Ask Ned

Reporting a Highways Defect

Report a Collision on line

Fly Tipping.

There has been a sudden increase in the amount of fly tipping being experienced in the Valley. Some has been at Enterprise Park, but also in Egypt and White Lackington. It is a criminal offence to tip rubbish. If anyone sees or hears anything which might lead to apprehension of the culprits, please contact either the Police on 101, or the Environment Agency or the Local Council.


We have been asked by the Fire Service to request that anyone lighting a bonfire should contact them beforehand, so the Fire Service is forewarned. This means that if there is subsequently a report of a possible fire in the vicinity, they can check with the householder first before turning out the retained Firefighters. This will save considerable costs and also mean that the appliance will not be tied up unnecessarily when it might be required at a serious fire elsewhere.

The Dorset Fire Service have produced a short guidance note regarding bonfires.

Enterprise Park Transit Camp site

The site is now in operation and has already been put to use. If residents in the Valley experience problems which they believe may be associated with the operation of this site, please ensure your local Parish Councillor, and if necessary the Police, are informed so that it can be investigated and appropriate records can be kept. If there are genuine problems arising from the use of the site, these records will be of great help in making a case to the County Council that the temporary planning consent is not renewed in three years time.

Report property flooding to the Council

It appears that there is a form available on the Council’s website for you to report flooding of property.

If your property has flooded please report it by completing the form at www.dorsetfor

It will be of great help to have this information collected as close to the time of the event as possible, as otherwise any planning will be restricted by lack of detailed, contemporary information.

Special Constables

If you are interested in volunteering as a Special Constable, contact or call 101

DIAL Access Dorset – 01202 430113

This is a dedicated helpline to provide information and advice on all aspects of Independent Living.

It is open 5 days per week, Mon-Fri 10am to 4pm, with an answering service out of hours.

It can help with Rights and Discrimination, Aids and adaptations in the home, Social & Leisure activities, Safety, Transport, Signposting to support Groups and Organisations.

It is also a third party Hate Crime Reporting Centre. They can provide support to help deal with any distressing incident, such as bullying & harassment, and reporting to the Police anonymously if requested.

Maintenance of the River Piddle

The Environment Agency (EA) have confirmed that the Piddle is Main River up to a point about 100m North of Church Lane in Piddletrenthide. This would be at about “Meadowside”, where the stream from Morningwell Pond joins. The Environment Agency are the Responsible Authority for Main Rivers. Beyond “Meadowside”, West Dorset District Council is the Responsible Authority.

The EA have produced a useful booklet called ‘Living on the edge’, which is a guide to the rights and responsibilities of the various Organisations and also the people who have land and property bordering or through which there is a watercourse.

Bench Maintenance.

The two benches which have been placed at the entrance to Wightman’s Orchard and on the verge by the river bridge in Piddlehinton are both in need of maintenance. If anyone wishes to volunteer to undertake this, please contact your local Parish Councillor.