Minutes of Piddle Valley Parish Council Extra Ordinary Meeting 10 October 2018
Present: Cllrs Mailer, Lock, Edbon, Abbott, Cox, Phillips, Howard, Potts, Coombes, Murray, Sherwood
Apologies: Cllr Brackstone
No apologies received from: Cllr Hiscock
- Democratic Period
This year’s river clearance was discussed and Cllr Cox raised concern with the date. Guidance from the Environment Agency has been received and circulated to all Cllrs.
10 November 2018 at 10am was agreed and Cllr Murray agreed to inform the school.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
- Planning applications;
- WD/D/18/001954 – 20 Paynes Close, Piddlehinton – Erection of rear extension – This application was discussed and it was proposed by Cllr Sherwood and seconded by Cllr Mailer that this application is approved. All agreed.
- WD/D/18/002122 – The Manor House, 10 Rectory Road, Piddlehinton – Erection of Greenhouse – This application was discussed and it was proposed by Cllr Phillips and seconded by Cllr Coombes that this application is approved. All agreed.
- WD/D/18/002160 & 2159 – Kiddles House, Church Lane, Piddletrenthide – Replace existing slate roof on wing, porches and garage with thatch – This application was discussed and it was agreed that before submitting comments the Clerk will contact planning to ask why there appears to be a change of policy between this application and the original one as Thatch was not allowed originally as stated by planning.
The Clerk will contact planning and also request an extension so this can be discussed at the October meeting.
- WD/D/18/002046 – Muston Farm, Muston Manor Farm Lane, Piddlehinton – Alterations and extensions to agricultural building and change of use to residential dwelling (part retrospective) – This application was discussed and it was proposed by Cllr Sherwood and seconded by Cllr Lock that this application should be refused as it is not within any defined development boundary and it goes against Policies 7 & 11 of the Neighbourhood Plan. The Clerk will also include that the parish council were satisfied with the application under section Q, WD/D/18/000161. All agreed.
- Request for attendance at Dorset Funding Fair
Cllr Ebdon requested approval for his attendance at this event as there could be some options available for additional funding for the parish council. All agreed
There being no further business the meeting closed at 2025 with notice that the next meeting will be held on Tuesday 30 October, 7.30pm at Piddletrenthide Memorial Hall.